Wilbur Fulford Lewis (1872–1958) was the only surviving child of Fulford B. Lewis (1836–c.1900) and Mary Matilda "Polly" Robinson (1840–c.1910). Wilbur’s parents were married in 1863 and were on Gordon Street by 1870. In 1892, Wilbur married Lula F. Lewis, daughter of James Knox Polk Lewis and Bethania Guthrie.
By 1900, Wilbur's family was on Ann Street with widowed mother "Polly." Wilbur was a boatman for "U.S. Engineer Department." He and Lula were parents of Leslie Davis, Ollie Herndon, Dorothy Bell, Nelson Taylor, Elizabeth Blanche and Kathleen Lewis. In the home in 1940 were Wilbur F. 67, Lula 66, Dorothy 40, and 14-year-old grandson Marion Lewis.
1997 Survey: This much altered, 1½-story, side-gable house has plain siding, boxed eaves with returns, 6/6 and 4/4 sash and replacement front picture window. The attached porch includes replacement Doric columns and plain railing.