W.W. Lewis House circa 1915 - 120 Ann Street

     Canelium Clarence Guthrie built this house for Warden Lewis. For over fifty years, Warden Whitfield Lewis (1851–1935) was minister of Free Will Baptist Church in Russell's Creek.
      The son of Elijah W. Lewis and Mary Potter, Warden Lewis married Deborah Virginia Davis in 1872. Warden and Deborah were parents of John E., Daisy Watson, Marvin Warden, Jane Davis and Mary Manson Lewis. After Deborah died in 1901, Lewis married Laura Caroline Simpson; their son, Clifford Whitfield Lewis, became a physician. In the home in 1930 were: Warden 78, Laura 64, and 27-year-old Clifford Lewis. Rev. W.W. Lewis was buried in Ocean View Cemetery.
     1997 Survey: 2-story, Foursquare house with pyramidal hipped roof, plain siding, boxed and molded eaves. Hipped porch has brick piers and Doric columns. Original glazed and paneled door.